Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2012 - Day 185-181 - Tuesday...

For all practical purposes, this might as well be Friday, and I might as well be doing my Happy Dance.  But it isn't and I am not, so there.

Even this wreck on the corner of the IH-35 Service Road and Cesar Chavez could not spoil the ride into the office this morning.  Things went pretty smoothly and even the cops standing around yawning could not change that.  The part that is not visible in this picture is the two other cars that they had already towed off into a parking lot, and the ambulances and fire trucks.  There was an adequate response, and I hope no one was seriously injured.

I am trying to psych myself into not thinking it is hot like the hinges of hell.  I think if you respond to questions about the heat and humidity with something like, 'Well, it's only 104 today', that maybe sooner or later you will become conditioned and (possibly even better, brainwashed) into believing it yourself.  I am going to keep working on that.

We are going to head into Austin tomorrow and enjoy some festivities at our friend Steve's house.  Pool party, but I doubt that I will be getting too wet!  It will be fun to just rest and enjoy the afternoon.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IT'S ONLY 104 TODAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment