Thursday, July 5, 2012

2012 - Day 187/179 - Thursday...

I think it is very interesting that the only exercise our Boy Dog gets is (pretty much) breathing, although he is somewhat religious about that.  Not that he gets carried away with it, but he is pretty much consistent with his breathing.  He has NEVER been a big advocate of having his photo taken (he may have been Garbo in another life, and that would answer a lot), in much the same way that he does not like to even consider being touched by a foot (mine, Jody's or anyone's for that matter).  We do not have any history on him since we adopted him from the Williamson County shelter a couple years ago.  It makes us curious about his life before us.  BUT, this is all just to note that I was trying to find something to photograph for this journal entry, and he was laying in the floor looking very appealing.  If we were still in the days of the InstaMatic, I would have wasted an entire roll of film on him without a single photograph that could be used. For all you can tell from the photos I took, what in my eyes was a pretty much ordinary looking dog was translated digitally into 12 images of the blob that ate Cleveland.  And not an attractive blob at that.

SO, gentle reader, what you are left with is this very attractive photo of a cloud off to the west.  The chickens were awol, and I was too tired to go searching for something more interesting.  That, plus the fact that one of my favorite programs will be on at 8 o'clock tonight (they moved it up a half-hour a couple weeks ago and did not consult me).

I regularly recognize the miracles of clouds, and I confess (again) that even the absolute WORST cloud performance is 100 times better than any cloud I could make, so appreciate all of them.  I was reading an article in PEOPLE Magazine the other day (that answers your questions about my cocktail party knowledge of a variety of subjects) about a man (a white-collar criminal) who was released from jail after three years.  He remarked that he had not seen the sky or a cloud in that time.  Everything looks different when you just take the time to look and REALLY appreciate.

Today was my Meals-On-Wheels day, and Chris and I knocked it out pretty well.  Seven clients (down from nine last week) and it is such a happy experience for me on Thursdays.  Even I can bring a bit of sunshine to someones day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment