Saturday, July 7, 2012

2012 - Day 189/177 - Saturday...

I was able to laze in the bed a little longer this morning.  When I did get up, I went out and let the chickens loose, and went and took a bale of hay out to the cattle before it became TOO hot.  Again, I have nothing to fear that any of the cattle will become Rhodes Scholars.  They are not the brightest of all animals, although they do give me great pleasure in the fact that I am definitely smarter (if not quicker) than a bunch of cattle in the back pastures.

I did get a few errands run later in the day, and drove in to Austin to show some clients a few properties.  It is incredible how little a million dollars can buy you in Austin.  BUT, I also know there is a direct correlation in the area of town you are looking in.  A million bucks does not buy you much in central Austin, but go a few miles outside of town, and there is certainly a better value.  In the meantime, we will keep looking.

On my way back to the country, it was 102 degrees in Austin.  By the time I got to Georgetown, there was some evidence of rain, and in fact I got a bit of rain on the car.  Wonderful since I had just paid $13 for a car wash that was worth (tops) $5.  But, if my meager investment caused the chance of precipitation to rise, I will a small price to pay.  In Georgetown, the temperature was 83 degrees (a considerable and very noticeable decline) and by the time I made it back to the farm, there was NO sign of rain, and the temperature was up to 96 degrees.  We are supposed to have some higher chances of rain the next several days, and cooler temperatures.  I will keep you posted.

I also got some bamboo to supplement the dead bamboo up between the house and the front barn.  The chickens like to take shelter in the bamboo, but last years drought killed it all off.  The bamboo that I got delivered (yes, delivered) is not clumping bamboo (but if it gets out of hand, I intend to cut it back with the lawn tractor.  Worst case the big tractor and the shredder.  I hope I am not making a HUGE mistake), it is the spreading bamboo.  I am thinking of getting a few other types of bamboo to put down the fence line.  The bamboo that was delivered today can get up to 30 feet high.  Again, I hope I am not making a HUGE mistake.  Yet to be seen.

No appointments for tomorrow, but it is not tomorrow yet.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN AND BAMBOO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment