Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2012 - Day 213/173 - Tuesday...

I'll take Texas Primary Run-Offs for $600 Alex.  Answer:  Precinct 425 in Bartlett, Texas.  Question:  What is the best kept secret location in Williamson County?  I am just having to tell you this, it was easy to find the voting place on-line, not a problem at all.  AND Bartlett, Texas is really not that big of a place at all, in fact, it is a REALLY small town (and that is being generous).  BUT we wandered around for about 20 minutes looking for this place, and even with a navigation system we passed it by.  We FINALLY found it.  The unmarked and unremarkable location of this polling place might be part of the reason that Jody and I were the 16th and 17th voters for the day, and it was almost 5 o'clock when we cast our ballots.

I got into the office even earlier than usual today, I had stuff to do for the end of the month.  More stuff to do tomorrow for the beginning of the month, so I expect to be in a little earlier than usual again.

It was pretty much a fun day, it was nice and calm for the most part.  I got to participate in the production of a TREPAC video at the Texas Association of REALTORS offices.  Our ABoR TREPAC Vice-Chair (Stephen) had the best idea for a video several months ago at a TAR meeting (he won the contest), and we finally got the chance today to make the video.  It was a lot of fun.  I played the part of 'that guy', and I am looking forward to the finished product.

I left the office at around 3 o'clock this afternoon, so I could pick Jody up and we could go vote.  On the way home, there was a wreck in Georgetown (the second in less than one week).  There are not supposed to be wrecks in Georgetown.  It is 35 miles away from Austin.  Whatever.  Then when I got off on my exit, there was road work being done, and I was stopped for about 10 minutes waiting for the 'pilot vehicle' to lead me out of the maze.  But you know what, when I turned onto our road, Hubert was busy loading sorghum into his truck to be taken to the grain elevator in a day or two.  I was not the least bit annoyed that I could not get around or had a delay.  I guess the difference is I know Hubert, I know he would not inconvenience me on purpose, and I know that what he is doing is important.

It kind of makes me think I should re-evaluate the other inconveniences in my life.  I really and honestly doubt that any one is singling me out personally to be inconveniences.  So, the next time I get stuck in traffic because of something I have absolutely no control over, I am going to try and remember that I was (most likely) not singled out personally to be inconvenienced.  AND, I hope I will think kindly of the folks that were involved in the traffic accidents., maybe even trying to send good thoughts their way.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INCONVENIENCES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment