Friday, July 13, 2012

2012 - Day 195/171 - Friday...

Sunrise, sunset.  Oh, wait, that will be later.  What I meant to say was This is Friday, and this is my Happy Dance.  The fact that it was the 13th AND Friday had little or no impact on me.  In fact, it was a pretty good day, all things considered.

Sunrise:  This was my view as I headed off to work this morning.  There was no rainfall at all in the previous 24 hour period, and it is more or less kind of like living in a steamer right now on the edge of nowhere.  Temperatures are more seasonal, but the rains have made things really humid.  The front part of the property by the house smells like some one has been cooking with a lot of garlic.  There are lots of garlic plants up there, and the moisture is making it very apparent.  But I digress.  The sunrise was very nice, and I was happy to take the time to pull over to the side of the road (careful to check for oncoming traffic) and document the fact.

I had a really great appointment this morning, and I hope that will work out well.  I think the prospective client and I hit it off pretty well, and that was good.  It is a beautiful home, and it will be a nice addition to our management portfolio.

Sunset:  Okay, this is not really the sunset, but it was a nice little rain cloud close to the house.  It took me over two hours to get home this afternoon, and part of that was because it was raining from north Austin to south Georgetown.  73 degrees when I paid attention to the thermometer, and 94 degrees when I got home because there had been no rain.  I saw TRACE of rain in the fancy-schmancy gauge, and then there was a little brief shower right when I was pulling into the garage.  BUT, the clouds were handsome, and there is always time to stop and appreciate a cloud.

No appointments so far for the weekend, but there are plenty of chores on my list.  It is too wet to really do too much in the pastures or the fields, but there is plenty of stuff to do.  I need to take some hay out to the cattle, and maybe open the far back pasture up to them for some fresh grazing area.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRIDAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment