Saturday, July 14, 2012

2012- Day 196/170 - Saturday...

I have been relatively useless for most of the day, although I did cut at the front yard this afternoon.  When I got out of bed this morning, the humidity was so high and the grass was so wet, there was no way I could do anything with it.  I needed to wait until the sun dried it up, and it was still damp when I finally went out there about 3 o'clock this afternoon.

I was successful in doing some office work and with making a list of chores that I hope to get accomplished tomorrow.  Cleaning the chicken coop, feeding the cattle, working on two of the cattle troughs in the back, trying to run an auger down the lab sink in the laundry room, stuff like that.  I think I can get most of it done.

When I went out to gather eggs this evening, there was this pretty display off to the west.  Very nice.  I have closed off the little girls pen and coop, so I hope they will voluntarily go into the big girls coop.  I need to get them integrated with the big girls and tonight just may be the night for that.  We shall see.

Even though we got no rain here today, I think there was some rain in Austin, and there has been rumblings of thunder off and on all afternoon.  There are still some chances of rain, but it looks like it is tapering off for next week, and temperatures are going to steadily be climbing back up to the century mark.  Thankfully, it is not nearly as bad this year as it was last year, and the rains should have pretty much guaranteed that we will get another cutting of hay this year.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LITTLE CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment