Friday, July 20, 2012

2021 - Day 202/184 - Friday...

It's Friday and I am too tired to perform my Happy Dance.  Get over it.

Last night I went to bed feeling great having just attended a sneak-peek advance screening of the new Batman movie.  I woke up and discovered that I could not really feel good about the fun I had because some crazy guy in Colorado took the otherwise fun and exciting event (for others there, not here) to go shoot it up inside the auditorium and walk out.  I do not understand the motives of people to go and harm strangers in that way, any more than I understand this; he had booby-trapped his apartment (in a relatively sophisticated manner, too it is reported) but then he told the cops he booby-trapped the place, so why did he bother doing it if he as going to tell the police he did it.  Seems like a really big waste of time to me.  Maybe he was concerned that it would not have detonated, and that telling the police he had done it (so they could dismantle it) was better than the possible realization that he was a (on a grand scale) failure.\

See, I just don't get it.

Some of you are used to seeing red-light cameras in your neighborhoods, we are used to seeing Red-Tailed Hawks in ours.  Pretty much the same concept. both examples monitor traffic flow and eradicate vermin.  Same idea, really.

It was a busy day in the office, and I did not leave once I got there.  I gave it all up about 3:30 and headed to a four o'clock NAREB Installation.  A wonderful group of colleagues working hard to make sure everyone can achieve the dream of home-ownership.

There was a really good quote from the movie last night that I wrote down on a piece of paper (in the dark) and now I can't find the paper.  I'll find it and post it later.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAWKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment