Sunday, July 8, 2012

2012 - Day 190/176 - Sunday...

Pulling certain varieties of weeds is more satisfying than pulling other varieties.  I have found a weed that gives me great pleasure in the pulling of.  I have no idea what kind of weed it is (it has leaves kind of like miniature carnations) and if you get a really good grip, it comes out of the ground with a really satisfying length of root and sacrifices itself for my total euphoria.  Although I am not really that keen on weed pulling, I did take great satisfaction today with the fact that there are fewer of them now than there were this morning.

In addition to weed pulling, I did my part to help make it rain.  I watered several of the flower beds.  Surely that will make it rain.  After that, I swept out the garage, pulled more weeds, made sure all the wildlife had sufficient water, pulled more weeds and inventoried all my bee supplies.  I needed to actually figure out what I had out in the barn, in anticipation of pulling some honey in a week or two.  I had mentioned to Jody this morning that I would really like nothing more today than to be working out in the front barn while it was raining.  I did actually get my wish, although the rain was not that significant, it did rain, and I was in the front barn straightening things up.  AND, bugs and all, I am calling 12/100ths of an inch (so far).  I will empty this tomorrow (bugs and all) and start over.  We have pretty good chances of rain for the rest of the week.

GOT FIGS?  If not, I know where you can get some.  We have plenty of figs, just waiting for you to come and pick them.  The tree is really covered with them, which is a good thing.  I just hate to see them get so ripe that they fall off the tree onto the ground.

GOOD NEWS!  I heard from the tree removal man a few minutes ago, and they will be out tomorrow night to check on the trees we need taken out.  We lost several trees in the drought last year, and about five or six of them are up around the 'bee yard' and I need someone with bee gear to take them out.  Ordinarily it would not bee (get it?) that big of a deal, but the sounds of motors (in this case chain saws) is not music to the ears of bees, and they tend to become agitated.  One of the trees has already fallen over (missed the hives and the front barn) and we had some gusty winds last night and I was worried that another of them was about to fall over.  So far, it is still standing, and I hope we can get the trees down with no catastrophes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIGS and BEES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment