Sunday, July 29, 2012

2012 - Day 211/175 - Sunday...

I could kick myself over a conscious decision I made today.  From about 50 or 75 feet away, I noticed there were Morning Glories blooming on the trellis, and I chose NOT to go over right then and admire them.  And now it is too late.  The Glories are one of my favorite things, and I chose to ignore them.  Instead, I kept on with chores I had told myself were more pressing, and now those Glories are gone.

I will admit that I got a lot of things done today.  After the honey-pull yesterday, the front barn and the stones outside it were pretty much covered with honey-drips.  Attractive to ants and more bees.  SO, I hosed down the steps and mopped the inside of the barn floors and wiped everything down.  Then I bottled about 30 or 40 more pounds of honey, and I am ready to start distributing.  We ended up with (after giving away several pounds to the folks that helped pull it) 92.5 pounds of honey, and we have not even pulled honey from two of the hives.  Maybe next weekend, but it will have to be sometime soon.

I did a little bit of real estate business at our neighbors early in the afternoon (that is code for something, so if you want to know more, give me a call).  We headed into Georgetown for spoilers about 2:30, and then came home and we both went down for naps.

Woke up, watched the news, I went back outside and did some more cleaning up around the bees, and came in and had a bowl of cereal for dinner, capped of with a piece of Mrs. Rodriguez's DELICIOUS banana bread.  The dinner of Champions.

Tomorrow will be the start of another work week.  Once again, I need to get back to work so I can get some rest!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LISTINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment