Friday, July 27, 2012

2012 - Day 209/177 - Friday...

It's FRIDAY, and I am indeed doing a little Happy Dance.  Too bad you aren't here with me, we could dance and sing and just have a BIG time...

It was a good day today, I got to the office a few minutes earlier than normal, getting prepped for an early appointment.  Put a very nice property in our Management Portfolio, and it is not on the lease market.  I did not even (okay I did but just barely) get out of the little enclave of homes before one of the neighbors called me asking about the sign in the yard.  All they wanted to know was the list price ($3,500 per month) and then they hung up on me.  I still cannot believe people do not know how to block their phone number.  Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny.  HOWEVER, you should also know that if the caller ID on my cell phone says BLOCKED, chances are I am not going to answer it...  Kind of a catch-22, but I also think it is interesting that many of the people that block their phone numbers leave a message and I have to call them back.  Whatever...

AND, a big thank you to Chris for helping me out (always).  THANKS!

I left the office before 3:30 this afternoon, and made it home before 5 o'clock.  Traffic was really heavy, and it did not break up until I was over half-way home.  There was a lot of activity at the house today; we have been having fence work done all week, and they are just about finished.  I guess-timate there is still about three days of work to be done, and then I will feel pretty darned secure about the fencing, and then I DARE a cow to try and escape.  Even when the cattle COULD escape, they did not go far, because they know which side of the fence their feed is buttered on!

Miguel was also at the house today, so there was a lot of good work done because of all his HARD work.  He is really a good guy to have around, and he knows how to do a lot of different things.  It is almost 8 o'clock, and he just left a few minutes ago.

I was also very surprised to see that Hubert was cutting hay in the fields this afternoon.  It will not be a tremendous production of hay, but it will be better than no bales at all.  That will make our second cutting of the year, and the two cuttings will probably not produce as much as one good cutting in a good year.  We can hope for another cutting later on if we get any rain at all.  We have no chances of rain in the near future, but you never know.  We have several months to go before it is all over, but I think we may get lucky and get one more cutting.

Even though I have very little interest in the Olympics AT ALL, I expect I will watch a little bit of the opening ceremonies later on.  Kind of fun to see all the pageantry, and I think even the Queen made some sort of a video for the event.  I DO LIKE HER LADY-SHIP.

Today is Shannon's birthday, and I did not even get a chance to wish her a happy one.  I hope she will take a minute in a day or two to look at this journal, and I hope the mention of her special day will be a nice surprise for her.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SHANNON'S BIRTHDAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment