Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 - Day 210/176 - Saturday...

NOTE:  Everything within a 50 yard radius of me is sticky.  Just thought I would mention that.

Today was a busier day that I would have liked.  I actually stayed in bed until about 6 o'clock, and got up and leisurely prepared myself for a 10 o'clock appointment.  I made it into Austin with no problems, and the appointment lasted much longer than I expected, and I was on my way home about 2 o'clock.  BUT, the contracts are signed, and life will be good.  Lots of work to do on two new sets of management properties, but in the long run, it will be a winning situation for MANY people; owners, tenants and managers.

On the way home, I needed to stop and put gas in the car, and I needed something to eat.  I bought three packages of peanut butter and crackers and a grape soda.  Who says you cannot find nutritional food stuffs at the Citgo station?  What could be better.

Back on the road and there was a tremendous  traffic jam on the Interstate.  SATURDAY remember, you are not supposed to be in traffic jams on Saturday.  It took me almost two hours to get home, but of course I did have to stop at the Dairy Queen in Georgetown.  I was ready with my little portable cooler and blue ice and everything.

Shortly after I got home, Konrad (owner of Round Rock Honey) and a crew arrived to pull honey from my hives.  They all left after 7, and we got about 120 pounds of honey from three of the five hives.  I will know more accurately how much honey we got, because I still have honey left to be bottled in the front barn.  AND I AM NOT KIDDING when I said everything around me is sticky.  Pulling and bottling honey is damned sticky business.  This is a photo of the group (minus Konrad the photographer) and you can immediately recognize me as the one not smiling.  I do not know why that is, but I think I am always the one not smiling.

It is almost dark, so it is time to go and put the girls to bed.  I am waiting a little longer this evening, because there are three hives on relatively unhappy bees out there, so I am trying to avoid their wrath.  AND, considering there are about 150,000 bees in each of the hives, I need to be as careful as possible.

Thanks to all the folks that came out with Konrad.  Anytime you want to come back and pull honey, just let me know.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HONEY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment