Sunday, July 15, 2012

2012 - Day 197/189 - Sunday...

It has been an interesting day.  I got almost everything on my list of chores done (and I got some things done that were not on the list).  It was VERY NICE that Miguel came by and helped out on a lot of the stuff.  Three of the eight bamboo plants are now in the ground.  Maybe could have planted more of them, but Miguel had an idea that the tractor would make things easier, and the bees were not gonna have any of that, so that put a stop to that.

We did get the cattle fed, got the chicken coop cleaned out, got the two troughs repaired, got the sink drain in the laundry room cleared out, got some weeds pulled, probably a few things I am forgetting, but overall it was a great day.

I took this photo just about three minutes before I took the photo down the page.  There were about five or six Monarch Butterflies hanging around the butterfly bush, and I managed to get two or three photos that were pretty good.  It seems a little early in the season for Monarch's, but they are beautiful, and glad to see them on the bush.  The bees have really enjoyed these bushes too, but they are about played out for this season.  The crape myrtles are about done for the season as well, but hopefully we will have something else blooming before long.  I am really hoping to do a honey pull within the next couple of weeks, too.

Okay, so almost immediately after I took the picture of the Monarch's, I looked across the road and there were some really dark clouds coming our way.  Then within about thirty seconds of taking this picture (I was out reading meters and became distracted by the Monarch's) the wind came up and the temperature started dropping and it started raining.  It was happening quickly.  I saw a report that six boats were flipped over by the winds on Lake Travis.  A lot of lightning and a lot of thunder.  The thunder sounded more like fireworks than thunder.  It was really interesting.  One BIG LOUD POP and then it was kind of like a rolling thunder effect.  I was out sweeping gravel off the driveway back onto the paths and a lightning strike and blast of thunder hit, and I broke the broom handle.

Interesting...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THUNDER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment