Saturday, May 2, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 123/243, 2020 - Saturday

Today was a good day, I was alone most of the day, and that is something I am growing to appreciate more and more. I am not talking about 'alone' in the 'I didn't see any people' sense of the phrase, but 'alone' in the 'I don't know you, I do not need to talk to you, keep your distance' sense of the phrase. And that is just perfectly okay with me. I took the girls for a ride late this morning, and once I was finished with that, I was on a retail therapy mission. It is hot in central Texas, most of the time, and all the bedding (not the sheets and pillow cases parts) that is readily available is some form of comforter, duvet or down something or other. I was in the market for just a bedspread type of thing. Something in a summer weight (code for not going to make me sweat profusely), and something that was attractive and simple. Light, easy to maintain. Nothing in the LL Bean catalogues unless you are looking for something chenille, and nothing that I could find on the other various catalogs that find their way to our mailbox. Nothing on Wayfair. Nothing on Overstock. SO, since Texas is once again open for business, off I went and ended up at Steinmart in Round Rock, where they carry something they call a 'quilt' but it is lightweight and tomorrow I will give it a test run. I made a couple other stops while I was out, all masked up and armed with disposable gloves that I wore for about three hours, freshening them up after each retail outlet with the bottle of hand sanitizer that is always at the ready.

I am a big believer of wind energy, but there was a parade of these blades being transported up IH-35 while I was on my way home, and they tend to drift from lane to lane with no real regard for other traffic. It was touch and go there for a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment