Friday, May 15, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 136/230, 2020 - Friday

The morning was a little bit stressful, and the afternoon was a little bit stressful in a different kind of way. This morning was the National Association of REALTORS® Board of Directors meeting, and it was held virtually. We have been meeting all week, virtually. There were several things to vote on  at the BOD meeting, and we had two test runs over the last week or ten days, to make sure everything was working correctly. At the first test run, I was confused, BUT, I finally figured it out at the end. I participated in the second test run, just to make sure I knew what I was doing, to the best of my ability. Everything worked, and it was good. I voted on all the issues, and at the end of the meeting, I think I could consider myself a pro at virtual meetings, BOD meetings and vote casting. After the BOD meeting, I had one more zoom meeting with one of our elected officials, and that was a pretty relaxing, winding down exercise.

The second half of the day was stressful for a different reason. There were (once again) people everywhere. The landscape folks were here (four of them), the guy was here to give me a bid for sheetrock repair, tape, float, texture and paint. Then I had a delivery (I seem to be hoarding wine now). I had an offer through my Southwest Credit Card to join kind of a 'wine of the month club, and so I did. SURPRISE, now you all know what you are getting for Christmas!
In the middle of all this, I had a couple TR Ombudsman cases assigned (one resolved, one not resolved). That makes three cases in the last three days, and I am not even the Primary Ombudsman right now. Then a couple work related issues with a tenant v HOA challenge that has been going on for three days as well. AND, to top it all off, the delivery guy backed into the truck of the guy that was giving me the estimate for the sheetrock work.

Time to call it the end of this day, we are expecting storms overnight, high winds are the biggest issue. Wish us all luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment