Monday, May 4, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 125/241, 2020 - Monday

This photo depicts less than half the people that decided to show up at 7:30 to re-shingle the roof of the house. The good news is, they got finished with the whole thing by about 3 o'clock. It was really kind of chaotic though, and the dogs got plenty of exercise with all the activity going on. So, from start to finish with this insurance claim, it took about two weeks. I think the new shingles look really nice...I went with a lighter color than what was replaced, and if you look closely and really study it, you can see a bit of a green tint. When they first started putting the shingles on, I was really not too happy, but the finished product looks really nice. So far, we are almost a week in with the claim on the water damage, and nothing at all has been done. A couple different companies were out here last Wednesday giving bids for this and that, and the insurance company has done nothing. Today, I was assigned a different adjuster. I called, left her a message (at about 2 o'clock this afternoon), and have heard nothing. I am very disappointed. As a property manager, if I let a water issue go for more than twelve hours, I expect I would be raked over the coals. I only think this is going to get worse before it gets better. Insurance companies should have learned this lesson a decade or two ago. But, we will just have to wait and see how it gets taken care of going forward. I did go to the grocery between things this morning. When I got the pantry organized yesterday, I now have a much better idea of what there is and what there wasn't. In 28 years, I had not gone grocery shopping for anything more than ice cream or bagels. That was not (and still isn't) my strong point. I expect I will get better at it as time goes by. AND...I did another load of laundry on Sunday, so I have that pretty much worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment