Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 126/240, 2020 - Tuesday

Holy Crap Batman! I lead such an interesting life, sometimes even I am left dumbstruck! The day started with a series of calls from the insurance company. After I explained to them how disappointed I was in their handling of the claim for the FLOOD, they told me that part of the claim had been approved and they would start a series of phone calls and home visits by 1). The remediation people. 2). The packers and storers (not football teams). and C). The independent appraisers to tell me how much they will award me for replacing all the flooring, cabinets, sheetrock, moldings, etc. I hope they will fix the hole in the wall where the plumber cut out the sheetrock to fix the actual leak. Tomorrow will be the eights day since this was reported. Right now, there are three dehumidifiers working their little dehumidifying hearts out back in two of the far bedrooms and the bath where the whole thing began. Those were delivered by the remediation people. The packers and storers are supposed to be here around 10 in the morning, and they said it will take them three days to pack and move everything to the containers (that they have not ordered yet). Then the window guy was here to look at the windows, and then the flooring guy was here to take measurements and get bids ready so when the insurance guy tells me to go, I will have something to go on. Then I went into Austin to pick up my prescriptions and to stop by the office. GUESS WHAT? I got into a traffic jam! It was like deja vu all over again. Not sure what the plan was with this crane laying in three lanes of traffic on LaVaca, but it could have been worse; it could have been two months ago and it would have taken until the weekend to clear that jam up. And while I was at the office, the independent adjuster called to tell me, just as soon as they rip up the flooring, give him a call and he will come out and give us his appraisal of the damage.

I live such an interesting life. I am really looking forward to the weekend. Not this weekend, maybe the weekend after this one, or the weekend after that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment