Thursday, May 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 142/224, 2020 -Thursday

The day started out pretty well, and it ended pretty well, too, so that is always a 'win' in my book. The morning events were choreographed like an exquisite ballet. First, another bid for sheetrock and paint. Then, off to Georgetown: Get Jody's car washed, stop at Walgreen's because I forgot to bring a mask, and I would ultimately be at the Tax Assessor's Office, and did not know if they would require a mask or not. They had masks AND Lysol Disinfecting Wipes. They had a limit of two per person, and they only had one, so that was a moot point. Then I went and got Jody's truck inspected, just in case. Then I went to another Walgreen's where I scored another bottle of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, and a little package of wipes to keep in Jody's car. Then I got gas in Jody's truck, and headed off to a CVS (since I was on a roll), but they had no disinfecting wipes. Then to the Tax Assessor's office, where I showed up five minutes early. The appointment that I made (and received a text confirmation of one hour before my appointment), we just pretend according to them, they were not recognizing appointments. I think it was just their way of keeping the riff-raff out of the place. All in all, I was in and out of the place in about 45 minutes. There were several MORE forms that needed to be completed, but all is well that ends well. I am particularly happy about the disinfecting wipes. I should be set for a couple weeks now!

NEWS: The sheetrock and paint should start next Wednesday, and the floors are scheduled for Monday, June 1st. Something is bound to go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment