Monday, May 25, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 146/220, 2020 - Monday - Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! I did not do much of anything today, although I had big plans for the day. I should not have even bothered to get dressed, but I did. I did take the garbage can up to the road, and indeed the garbage collectors picked it up, even though it is a Holiday. I usually take it to the road on Sunday night, but we were expecting storms, so I decided to wait until morning. It worked! I was not nearly as busy as these birds have been all day, feeding their young ones. Back and forth, back and forth. All. Day. Long. We have never been too finicky about these birds, they have six or eight mud nests here and there abound the house. They will be gone soon, and I will wash the nests off the house, and they will be back again next year. No real damage done by them. It did rain overnight, and we are supposed to have another round overnight tonight. Then a slight chance for the rest of the week. This will likely be the best opportunity for rain again until fall. We will have a little, but not much, and pretty soon everything will go from green to brown. At least there is water in the tanks right now, so the cattle are not getting city water.

No comments:

Post a Comment