Thursday, May 28, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 149/217, 2020 - Thursday

I can generally cope with challenges, if all the challenges for an entire day do not happen within thirty minutes of each other. If the challenges could spread themselves out say, over the course of four or five hours, I could remain much more calm, cool and collected. Today was a day fraught with challenges, the least of which was the (bad) neighbor's goats breaking through the fence and going on a walking tour of the property. That was nothing. And, at this late time in the day, all the other challenges are not worth bothering with, and again, tomorrow is another day that I fear has many opportunities to repeat itself. My first zoom meeting is tomorrow at 8:30 and there are two (not one), TWO contractors scheduled to show up at the same time. I have decided it is not my job to babysit the contractors, they are supposed to know what they are contracting to do. Maybe I am expecting too much. This is all building up to a crescendo of work, which is (currently) scheduled to peak on Monday, when the new floors are scheduled to be installed. The insurance company ponied up for some more money, and now we are only about $1,900 apart. It will at least be worth my sending one more e-mail to see if I can get the rest of it out of them, you never know. The one salvations is, tonight is Coke-Float night, but I am down to my last five gallons of Blue Bell. Note to self:

No comments:

Post a Comment