Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 233/233, 2020 - Tuesday

While I was involved with all the NAR Virtual Meetings this morning, we started having weather alerts, and the Internet was spotty, at best. After the second meeting, I headed in to Austin for some power real estate. There were a couple (Maybe 6?) tornados that touched down in Bastrop County, close to the Red Rock farm we used to have. By the time I got onto the Interstate, the rains were getting worse. Imagine your 90- year old granny who can barely see over the steering wheel, driving down IH-35 in a monsoon. Paste my face on that picture, and there you have it. I have (for years) proclaimed that I am an old lady when it comes to driving in the rain. Especially driving in the rain after dark. After I got my stuff done in the office, I high-tailed it back home, and made it with no real problems. Once I got closer to home, the rains let up, and all was good again. We got about 0.32" of rain since this morning, and I think we are clear for the rest of tonight. The next several days are being forecast with a chance of 3 to five inches of rain. That will be good for the tanks, but bad for the farmers in the area. Oh, and I took  one of the loaves of banana bread into the office, and it was well received. I am up to here with banana bread. BUT, I have the ready-cooked-meals-for-several programs pretty much figured out. I have one more day of mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment