Friday, May 1, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 122/244, 2020 - Friday

According to my calculations (and I was NEVER too good at math), we are exactly one-third of the way through with this year. 122 days down, 244 days to go. I am pretty sure that this can only happen during a leap-year, and if that is not correct, too bad! Today was kind of busy and hectic. There was a pretty good bit or activity. The gazebo and decks in the back are almost finished, and no more lattice and 4x4's crashing down (and propped up) because of the winds. The shingles were delivered today, and the re-shingling of the roof is scheduled to start on Monday. The yard guys were here today, too. The missing piece is, there was no call from the insurance company regarding the flooding. I e-mailed the adjuster, and she said she would get the first estimate looked at on Monday. My mind was thinking (but not verbalizing) 'that's just about the time that the mold should start becoming evident,' but I kept my mouth (and my e-mail ponderings) quiet. We shall see. I did speak with the remediation guy, and he said once the estimates to clear out the house of personal belongings, he will be in immediately to rip up flooring (maybe cabinets, he is not sure yet), get everything dried out, treat with anti-microbials, and start the de-humidifiers and get everything dried out. It may be my imagination, but when I walk in the house from outside, it seems like there is an odor...the remediation guy said that is likely the laminate flooring; he said when those floors get wet, they just kind of disintegrate, and off-gas. SO...on a brighter note, I joined a wine club through my Chase Visa card, and I got my first case of wine this afternoon. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment