Sunday, May 3, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 124/242, 2020 - Sunday

One of my Facebook memories, I don't know how many years ago it was, said "Take the time to stop, turn back, and take the picture." And so I did. I passed these wildflowers (JoeMac?) and I turned around and took a few photos. We are on the cusp of all the wildflowers drying up and seeding. Everything out here is beautifully green, and it looks lovely. It is sad to think that, in a few months, everything will be dried up and brown. That's what happens when you don't get much rain in central Texas. BUT, I will enjoy the green while we have it. I had a pretty nice weekend, I did not see too many people, which was nice. Candy came out and we talked for a while, she brought more sour dough bread, and that is lovely. I am pretty sure I got the majority of my chores done, and I am particularly proud of myself for getting the pantry cleaned and (kind of) organized. There were several canned goods that were WAY past their best by date. Chicken coop is cleaned, lots of ordinary things done. Tomorrow I am hoping to hear something positive from the insurance company about the water damage. The roofers are supposed to start re-shingling the roof, I expect there will be a bit of chaos, but nothing that won't pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment