Monday, May 11, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 132/234, 2020 - Monday

I am very much looking forward to quiet. When I go out of town (as I should be right this very minute), I am never bothered by the sounds of sirens, garbage trucks, or other sounds of the cities I visit. I really believe I could be happy in a large urban area, but right now, I prefer the silence of the Edge of Nowhere. It is usually very calm and peaceful here, but the constant drone of these fans and dehumidifiers and what-not are about to get the best of me. I was very much hoping that the scheduled 3 o'clock visit would mean an end to the racket, but it was not meant to be. Dammit. There is another visit scheduled for 9 o'clock in the morning, so I am hoping for the best. It was great to sleep last night with the windows open in the bedroom, it was cool and the northern breezes were very dry. Now, the winds are back from the south, the humidity is high, and these freakin' machines put out a lot of heat, and the HVAC cannot keep up. I actually have the thermostat very high on that side of the house, there is no real reason to try and compete. Last Friday, the grass fields were cut, and today the grass was raked and baled.I got 58 bales with this cutting, good, firm, large bales, too. That will keep our cattle in hay for a couple years, so I can sell off last years hay. With any luck at all, we can get two more cuttings this year, and that will make life really good, if you happen to be a cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment