Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 147/219, 2020 - Tuesday

Sitting here at home, composing this journal entry, I can look out into the front yard and watch a hummer working over some of the cannas down the path. It could be my imagination, but the hummers are much more apparent this year. maybe not. If we get some more rain tonight, we may break 3 inches for the month. Austin has had a lot more than we have, but we are not complaining. They have downplayed the forecasts for the rest of the week, but there is still a possibility that we could get another two inches by the weekend. Of course, I left the Edge of Nowhere just in time to get into a torrential downpour while driving in IH-35. I have that skill, leaving at the worst possible times. But the clouds were kind of interesting while I was heading towards the Interstate. After the rains, it turned out to be a really nice day, no complaints, climate wise. Tomorrow they are supposed to start the sheetrock repair and painting...a four day chore. I am beginning to get a little anxious about the floors being replaced on June 1st...I am not prepared, I cannot move the remaining furniture and I am not even going to pretend that I will. I told the flooring people to just add it to the invoice. But, I will still dwell on it until it all gets taken care of. I sound like a little old lady, and I think that is probably just because I am just a little old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment