Thursday, June 4, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 156/210, 2020 - Thursday

When Holly was the ABoR TREPAC Chair, she brought the committee little pots of clover in honor of St. Patrick's day. That little plant has had its' ups and downs, but it is truly resilient, and it bounces back from everything I can hand it. I thought it was a goner earlier this year, due to nothing else but my inattention. BUT, a little water, getting some sun and temperatures above freezing, and it is saying there is still a lot of life in me. It has really delicate little white blooms most of the season, and delicate and resilient really does describe this little green plant. And Holly, too! From the office window, I can see an orange lump in the grass, up towards the road. I walked out onto the porch, and checked it out with a pair of binoculars (a couple pairs here and there, placed strategically), and determined that it was Barney. I walked closer towards the road, called his name, and he lifted his head to see what all the fuss was about. I guess he is just taking a rest before prowling time gets going. The girls are going to the beautiful parlor tomorrow morning, the first time in MONTHS. I pretty much know what the photo will be that accompanies tomorrows journal entry.

1 comment:

  1. Not that it really matters, but that is oxalis. It grows from a little bulb and will die back when it gets too hot, but will come back when things cool off. I have a couple of varieties in my yard. One with pink flowers and the other with coral ones.

    ReplyDelete