Thursday, June 25, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 177/189, 2020 - Thursday

Michael and Lynda are coming over for (and bringing) dinner tonight, so I actually swept up some dead bugs and straightened up a thing or two around the house today. I am wearing pants as I write this (just a start), and I have on shoes. Two zoom meetings, a call with a client, a visit with Hubert and Pauline, and a quick nap. Last night, I went to the Walburg Farmer's Market and scored a peach cobbler which we will break into after dinner tonight. When I was a little kid (and I have mentioned this before in twelve years worth of these journal entries), I could stand (I was short) for hours and look out the front window of the house, at absolutely nothing. There doesn't have to be anything in particular going on, I can just entertain myself with nothing, just looking. I think that is a good characteristic in the times in which we are living right now. I have to go in to Austin tomorrow, and meet with a client, and then I should be back home by around 2. I wonder if I will be able to avoid the mysterious draw that is the grocery store. We shall see... Michael and Lynda just left, we had a great dinner and a lovely visit. Something I thought of while they were here; I have used the same plate every day since December 26th. One plate. Rinsed it, put it in the dishwasher, used it again the next day. Apparently, I really only need one plate. The neighbors cattle are seeking shade where they can get it, even these little calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment