Thursday, June 18, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 170/196, 2020 - Thursday

Okay, it's wine night, so fasten your seat belts. Yesterday was a difficult day, today was better, but it was no walk in the park. I truly do understand that I am having first world problems, and most of the problems will be over soon. Maybe two weeks. Violet's remains remain in the pasture, the cowboy that said he would come and relocate her was a no-show. I was in psychological counseling too many years to make excuses; no means no, not ummmm, I think I need to wash my hair that night. Just say what you need to say. Do not leave people hanging. That cost me thousands of dollars, and you just got that advice for free. Use it to your best advantage. The window guys got here at about 7:30 this morning, and they did not leave until almost seven o'clock this evening. I was READY for them to be gone, I am so tired of the dogs yapping every time they open a door. I expect tomorrow will be better; they only have about six more windows to replace, and the rest of the work will be outside, I started my defensive driving class today, too. You may remember I got a speeding ticket (set up) last week, so I am taking the driving course on line. I am close to half-way done. I am looking forward to the weekend, I made an appointment with my CPA for next Wednesday, so that means I have to finish compiling all my stuff for 2019 taxes. It is really not that much trouble, and I have all the stuff done, I just need to get it into a legible form. I honestly think the window replacement is the BEST thing that I could have done. I am absolutely 100% happy with the new windows. I never liked the windows that were used when they built the house 19 years ago (cheap, crappy builder grade), but the windows are so much better that are being installed now. Low-E, a bit of a tint, lovely. Makes things quieter and more energy efficient. And, I can open them and they stay open without propping them up with a plastic coat hanger! Life is good, and I am a lucky man. Today's photo: This is what it looks like when there is a hole in the wall where a window used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment