Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 162/204, 2020 - Wednesday

I had to keep telling myself to breathe today. It was back to back stuff. First meeting, 9-11:30. Then off to Austin for a 12 o'clock appointment and then a 1 o'clock appointment with my doctor. Jody and I had check-ups every six months, whether we needed to or not. I was an asshat at the doctors appointment today, but it was necessary. There were a lot of issues that I needed to air about our doctors switch from a small, GP practice to the world of corporate medicine. One of the intake questions was 'Have you had difficulty with your medical care in the past twelve months?' I think the question was, 'Are you homeless and cannot afford medical care.' I answered that yes I had difficulty in the past twelve months, to which the looked very surprised. When asked to elaborate, I let them know that the big corporate medical complex in which I was sitting was the problem. Not finances, not my doctor himself, but the lack of empathy and communication. It did not go over well. I asked the guy if he wanted me to just lie to him and give the corporation a fake Yelp review, but he was done with me. Anyway, I unloaded on my doctor, I got it all off my chest, got it all out in the open, and we are still friends. Imagine this, he said my blood pressure was a little high. Ya think? Whatever. The girls were glad when I got home, and then I settled in for my 3 o'clock call that lasted til about 5. It will be another busy day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment