Sunday, June 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 173/193, 2020 - Sunday

When in doubt, shred it. I am still trying to go through stuff and get rid of stuff I don't need. Today I shredded documents from 2002 through about 2011. Maybe a little bit later. At one point, I thought I broke the shredder, but it was nothing some pliers and old man tenacity could not fix. And then I did some more shredding. I got everything on my list crossed off, with the exception of going on-line to buy some faux wood blinds. I want (to start with) three sets of blinds, office, dining room and bathroom. I went on line, and there was some verbiage I did not understand, so I am planning to go to a local blind company tomorrow in Austin and see what I can get done. I'm thinking $400 for three windows. I had a few other spurts of energy today, but I fell down on the tasks of cleaning out more drawers and stuff. Most of the house that still has furniture can pass for inhabited, so that is a marked improvement. I think I have lined up a guy to come at the end of this week to finish what the last guy failed to do. I am very proud of myself, because I think I have finished compiling my part of the taxes for 2019. I have an appointment on Wednesday with the CPA so he can tell me, nope, you need to give me more stuff. Perfect. BUT...I have definitely made progress. I planted these petunias and purslane in an old wheel barrel (I prefer wheel barrel over wheel barrow, it just makes more sense to me) that was here when we moved into the house almost thirteen years ago. I thought it was a great idea at the time, then I changed my mind, but they have finally settled in (I think), and I like them pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment