Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 175/191, 2020 - Tuesday

The traffic fine for going ten miles over the posted speed limit on the IH-35 service road in Georgetown, Texas, is $186. The defensive driving class (and the accompanying necessary certifications) was $50, and the visit to the JP court (to plead guilty to qualify for defensive driving and the accompanying court costs) cost $144. It would have been cheaper to just pay the ticket, but at least this way, it won't be on my record. The whole thing is just a racket, but that is all a discussion for another time. We got a little bit of rain overnight, about a third of an inch, but the prognosticators have mislead us again. Yesterday, we were looking at 3 to 5 inches of rain between then and Sunday, not we are looking at an inch, if we get that much. With all the gizmos and gadgets, you would think they would be more accurate, but then again, I guess not. The rain we did get will keep me from having to water again for at least another couple days, so that is an excellent thing. The guy that installed the windows last week just called, and he will be here bright and early in the morning to finish everything up. I am still totally happy with the windows, and I think it is one of my better decisions of late. I have an appointment with the CPA tomorrow morning (in Austin) at 10 o'clock. Just when I think I have everything together, I think of another thing that I need to search for. I just hope he does not throw a wrench at me, and ask for stuff that I have no idea about. Only time will tell. I took this picture of some of the crepe myrtle blossoms this morning, just after a shower. Not sure if you can see the rain drops on any of the blooms, but they were beautiful this morning. There were some extraordinary cloud displays this afternoon as well, but I could never get in just the right spot to document them.

No comments:

Post a Comment