Saturday, June 6, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 158/208, 2020 - Saturday

Apparently, today was the best day to fix one of the turbines that failed about a month ago. A bearing went out. The three guys left Weatherford at 4 o'clock this morning, and got here about 7:30. I did have on pants. The turbines have been here for about eleven years. The bearings in one of them went out about five years ago, and now this one. That's two for two. The challenge is, I do not need more yard art, so they need to produce to keep their place on the property. They were here for about three hours, and then I got ready and went in to Austin. I went by the open house that Maggie and Benson were doing, and it was pretty good, nine sets of visitors. After that, I went by the office and then did some errands and got home about 3:30. Leaving the office on the way home, I was struck with the different faces on Austin citizenry close to City Hall; there were protesters and homeless. I saw nothing in between. I saw no police, not another representation of the Austin population. Protesters and homeless. It was kind of thought provoking. After I got home, I took a nap, fed the girls and myself, watched some news and a state wide political debate (my mind was already made up), and then went outside and watered plants. When I hit 'publish,' I am going to go out into the backyard with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment