Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 176/190, 2020 - Wednesday

Like many (maybe most) of you, I spend a lot of time at home these days. It's new, but I am not sure it is normal. It might not be normal, but honestly, I don't really mind it. I get in to the office (usually) a couple times a week, and that is just fine with me. This week I will be in the office three times. That's like a record. It is interesting how adaptable most of us are. Fight or flight is now fight or stay home. I'm lucky. I have a house that I like, and it will be at least a couple years before I have to consider living under a bridge somewhere. On my way home from Austin this afternoon, I thought about stopping at HEB, but I could not think of anything I needed from the grocery. It was more like I was being drawn to the grocery more out of a compulsion than because of a need. So, I didn't stop. I have everything I need at home right now for at least several more days, and then the only thing I will really need are a couple perishable items, like milk and ice cream. Ice cream does not have a very long life span here. If you have been following this journal or my Facebook page, you know I talk occasionally about the 'best buy' dates on items. Apparently, they don't make things like they used to; since Jody died, I bought four cans of biscuits. The little cans, five in a can. So far, I have not baked them, and I look at them every now and then. Today, one of the cans had burst in the refrigerator. I did not look at the 'best buy' date, but I would expect a can of biscuits could last longer than a couple months. I need to pay more attention I guess. Whatever. This is what I look out at from the home office every day. It could be worse, I could be a lot less lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment