Friday, June 19, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 171/195, 2020 - Friday

Happy Juneteenth to all y'all.
Everything in this house is covered in a fine, gritty little dusting of something. It's like just as if the saharan dusts (which we really are not expecting until next week) came on in about a week early, and knew that there were huge holes in the exterior walls of this house, where the windows used to be. Gritty layers of dust and flies. Lots of flies. On the other hand, I am totally enamored with the new windows. They go up and down with ease. They are clean. They are new. They are much more energy efficient than the others. They have a slight tint to them. It is like driving down the road with no sunglasses, and then putting on a pair of polarized sunglasses. Everything on the outside looks better from the inside. I am really amazed, and happy with that decision. The window installation is not completely finished, but everything is sealed up. There are a few pieces of exterior trim that they had to order, and a few little things here and there. I expect they will get that taken care of next week. Fingers crossed. I had a couple Zoom meetings today, and had a task or two to complete for this issue or another. I did another couple segments of my defensive driving course, and I expect I will get that finished over the next couple days. I also need to finish compiling my tax stuff, and get that delivered to the CPA. I plan to go in to Austin in the morning, and get a few chores done. I will make a couple stops on the way home, and then settle in for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment