Friday, October 2, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 276/90, 2020 - Friday

Much like this lovely iris that I found blooming this afternoon, I have always considered myself a late bloomer. Any successes I had earlier in my life were achieved because I liked what I was doing, not because I was keeping my eye on the prize. Most often, I did not even know there was a prize, so I was not keeping my eye on it, I was just having a good time doing things that I enjoyed. As I advanced in age, I found out there were prizes that I could keep my eye on, but by then, it was actually too late for the most part. I have achieved my share of prizes in my life, and I continue to be a lucky man, in spite of my short comings. Just know, I am a lucky guy, and for the most part, that is enough. I went in to the office this morning, did some work, and then went and had a nice visit with Michael and Lynda in their front yard. I think they have a neighborhood social distancing hour in their yard, and it was lovely under the shade of their big old oak trees. I haven't decided on any plans for tomorrow or Sunday yet, I am sure I will think of somewhere to go, and I will report back on it tomorrow. I am for sure not going to the grocery...I am still trying (contemplating) to clean out the freezers before I buy more real food. That is not including milk and donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment