Thursday, October 8, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 282/84, 2020 - Thursday

This is a sample of what I did yesterday, ALL DAY YESTERDAY (almost). Most of my waking hours were doing this yesterday. Don't get me wrong, most of it was a blast, and I met some really cool people and got to wear a mask A LOT, and I got to visit with some friends that I haven't seen for a while (while wearing a mask), and it was all good! Do you know what a .HEIC file is? Me either, but the photos attached to this entry (photo credit: ProductionFor) was sent to me as a .HEIC file. I actually asked Mrs. Google how to open that file on a Mac, and even though I believed I was following her directions, I could not open the file. It opened wonderfully on my PC in the office, and I can preview the files on two different Macs, I just could not open the file to post to this journal. BUT...I am a sneaky little booger, and I figured out a back door to open the file, and here you have the proof of same. No luck again today trying to buy a bicycle. I am going to have to try other ways to do this. I went to Bicycle Sport Shop in Austin this afternoon, and the parking lot was full, no one is allowed inside except staff, and I don't know how I can buy a bike that way. From my experience (years ago) doing long distance bike rides, I know better than to just go to a big box store to find a bike. I did take three clocks (old clocks, wall clock, table top and mantel clock) to the clock repair shop today. One came with Jody and has not worked in at least three decades, another has not worked as long as I have had it (salvaged from an abandoned property) and the other clock worked until last Saturday, when I...well, never mind. Anyway, the guy (I have taken clocks there before for repairs, and bought clocks there in the past) said it will be at least ten days before they even look at them. He said people are sitting around in their houses these days, looking at all the stuff they have that doesn't work anymore, and they have suddenly decided to get it all fixed. It's okay, I can wait, there is no hurry. I told him the clocks don't need to keep good time, they just need to tic and chime. It's only the noise I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment