Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 287/79, 2020 - Tuesday

You saw the Queen last night on the side of the truck, but here is a little more information about our field trip last night to Bastrop County. Amazingly, we had dinner last night at the same place we have had dinner for the last three years. This is only the second year that we made it to Buccee's, and a first this year was to stop and have a selfie done at the Sugar Shack in Bastrop. Traditions just keep getting better and better. The amazing part was that the restaurant was open on a Monday night, and their business was doing pretty well. Masks and distancing were all in place, so nothing to worry about there. Buccee's was the usual blast, but we were all so out of practice for being together we were easily tired. So we headed back in to Austin at a reasonable hour, and met for breakfast at 8:15. I have never had avocado toast (with an egg, over-easy), but it was good and totally not what I was expecting. First off, I was expecting toast, and the avocado was not on toast. I was also expecting the egg to be on top of the (alleged) toast, but it was not. It was good, not particularly filling (that is a good thing), but again, not what I was expecting. I should have ordered the 'dirty biscuit,' but I never order the right thing on a menu. The temperatures are going to be in the upper fifties overnight, and I have the windows open. Lovely. The rest of the week will be kind of busy, but things will slow down next week. At least that is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment