Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 295/71, 2020 - Wednesday

Nothing can really ruin my day more than one of my neighbors (the nice neighbors) calling me to tell me that one of my cattle are loose. That anxiety can be lessened somewhat when I get home and determine that it is not one of my cattle. But there is great relief. Then, you spend a couple hours trying to figure out who said loose livestock belongs to. The other neighbors were not responding to a couple voice mails I left, so I called Capital Land and Cattle (the run cattle down the road and on the other side of the road). They sent a couple cowboys out, complete with chaps, herding dogs and horses, and proclaimed it was not one of their cattle. They looked at me with some concern when I asked, even if it isn't yours, do you want it? And they left. It ended up that it was the 'other' neighbors cow, and they eventually got it back over to their property. I guess. At least it is not here any more, and there is little chance now that it will end up in the pool. How was your day? That does really not require an answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment