Friday, October 9, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 283/83, 2020 - Friday

On my way in to the office this morning, I stopped at Upper Crust for muffins. I have not been there since the shutdown, but I had driven past a couple times, and knew they were open to some extent. When I got there, the process was; go socially distanced into that line. When you are the first person in line, the entry door will be left open, and you will face a plexiglass barrier, behind which are the assorted delicacies you have to choose from. Place your order, pay for the order, and then go socially distance yourself in the line at the exit door, and your order will be delivered. I was disappointed that there was not a pumpkin muffin to be had. They had pumpkin bread loaves, but that is just not the same. I had my heart set on pumpkin muffins. So, instead, I got cinnamon rolls for the office, and a cinnamon roll and a blueberry muffin for me in a separate bag to sate myself over the weekend. It was a hectic day at the office, and I left at about 2:30 to drive home, and there was a traffic slowdown (reminiscent of the good old (?) days), and that stretched on for about 35 minutes, covering about twelve miles of Interstate. Work continued after I got home, but now I am done, and I will soon recline in the big blue chair. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment