Sunday, October 18, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 292/74, 2020 - Sunday

Yesterday, I put two things on my chore list to have done over the weekend, and I have scratched two of them off my list. The thing that has not been done is inconsequential, and I did not really need to get it accomplished, so I didn't. Late this morning, I met Candy and Mike for brunch, and that was really nice. I have not seen them in a couple months, so it was nice to hook back up. That makes four different ventures to a restaurant in the last week. Today, we ate outside and that was nice, the company was great, and the food was good. I have a piece of Key Lime Pie that I am going to take a look at in a little while. There have not been nearly as many monarchs flying through this year as in the past, and I am a little bit concerned about that. There are no doves, either. I saw this pair of monarchs (you have to look closely) taking a pit stop and doing some hanky panky out by the chickens this afternoon, after I cleaned out the chicken coop. Some friends in Austin report seeing a good number of monarchs, but not so much out here. I am wondering if the ag chemicals are affecting them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment