Sunday, January 10, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 10/355, 2021 - Sunday (it's a Snow Day)

...dreamed I was an Eskimo...and my mother cried, Don't Eat the Yellow Snow... Yep, I was attending (enrolled) in college in the late sixties and early seventies. I was a fraternity guy (not a GDI), and I had a blast. Phi Zappa Crappa. Not really, but Frank Zappa was one of the people I thought a lot of at the time, and I tend to have flashbacks now and again. I have seen a lot of my friends 'snow pics' today, and I am including one with this journal entry. What I haven't seen is something that is the most difficult to comprehend, and that is a photo of my two girls dogs, out in the backyard, actually taking a pee. It was not easy to get them outside to do anything, let alone to get off the porch, get their feet in the snow, and squat down to take a pee. Just remember, don't eat the yellow snow! I made some questionable decisions today. I left the house about 10:00 and headed to Target. Made it with no issues, it had only been snowing at that time for about four hours. Got what I needed at Target, and headed to brunch (scheduled for 11:15), got to the restaurant, and they were closed because of the snow. A bunch of wusses. Regrouped, and ended up at a place that was not afraid of snow, and Candy, Mike and Terry and I had a nice brunch, all social distancing was properly observed. I got home and immediately tried to talk myself out of going to the farm this afternoon. Couldn't do it. The cattle would be okay, the chickens would probably have been okay, but I was worried about Barney. It is really cold, so he needs his food. I left for the farm about 3:45, and it was a little bit tricky in some places, but I made it to the farm and back with no real issues. And, while I was there, I picked up the measuring cups, so I could make myself some DELISH Hamburger Helper. The girl dogs approved, too! I went out to put faucet covers on the two hose bibs at the new house (Lazy Acres), and I almost fell on my ass. I expect I will feel all that tomorrow morning. The pic is of the farm, from the road. It was actually a really great day, and I am happy with myselF today! Happy, warm, fed, content, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment