Monday, January 18, 2021

Volume 13 - Day18/347, 2021 - Monday

To me, more than anything else in the world, is my own very personal harbinger that things just might be getting back to some semblance of normalcy. Jody's grandfather clock has not worked since sometime in late March or early April. It is a long story (go back on posts if you are really interested, or you can just ask me), but this clock is a very delicate and finicky timepiece. It is not as old as I thought it was, and I did a little research on it before this journal post. The tag inside the door says 'Herschede Hall Clock, Model 217.' According to Mrs. Google, I guess it is about 90 years old or so (I thought it was 120 years old), they are all hand made, no expense spared, and allegedly the Cadillac of hall clocks. I just hope I can keep it running now, and chiming its way into the future. It has a few idiosyncrasies, and I like it just the way it is. It's a lot like me, old, warted, whiskered, and frequently forgets what time it is. Otherwise, for a Monday, this was a pretty good Monday. Hours of zoom meetings, lots of good work done, lots of good information shared about Texas history, and lots of great words shared with my Texas REALTOR® colleagues and Texas REALTOR® staff. Thanks to everyone that helps me look (at best) adequate, it is not that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment