Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 12/353, 2021 - Tuesday

Well, there I was, minding my own business in the office, having lunch and chatting with Carrie and Kerry (I had chicken somethings, one of my usual choices), and I got this notification: Water Oak's Propane Substation is on fire. The fire trucks are here now, putting it out. I think if the intention was to get my attention, it worked. There was no explosion, and there are people still over there working on stuff. The substation is about two or three blocks from the new house. I was not made aware that the house I bought was not serviced with natural gas (that's what I thought I was buying), but it most likely would not have changed my mind about it. BUT, this is the second challenge in less than a week. Over the weekend, the demand for propane (it was cold outside) overwhelmed the supply, and the delivery pressure went way down. That problem was fixed, but right now there is no propane for heating, hot water, cooking or 'gas' logs in the fireplace. I really am not too terribly inconvenienced by this, it is, after all, a first world problem, and I will survive it. The low temperature tonight is forecast to be 30 degrees, but I have a couple blankets and two dogs to keep me warm. I just think it is an interesting happenstance!

No comments:

Post a Comment