Monday, January 11, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 11/354, 2021 - Monday

All the talk about snow is yesterday's news! By the time I got up and headed in to Austin this morning, there was NO SNOW or ICE on any of the roads. Here is something I never knew was possible; it is supposed to be very cold overnight, maybe the coldest night of the season, and we are expecting fog to accompany the cold temperatures. There is some concern that the fog may cause icing on the roads because of the cold temperatures. Something else to worry about, as if I don't have enough already! After my escapade in the kitchen last night, I decided to get more creative, so I went to HEB this afternoon, and got some salad fixin's. I know positively, that this is the first of any kind of salad makings I have bought since Jody died. I have (probably) eaten some salad since then, but this is definitely the first salad stuff I have purchased and consumed in almost a year. I cannot say the same thing about potato chips or ice cream or key lime pie! I am not going to say this is a new trend, but it was good, and there is more in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment