Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 125/240, 2021 - Wednesday

Back in the '40s (at least), my Aunt Electa worked for Hodding Carter, III, at the Delta Democrat-Times in (I think) Greenville, Mississippi. The newspaper was founded in 1938, so I think I have the timing right. The Democrat Times started in 1868, and Hodding merged his Delta Star with the Democrat Times. But I digress. Electa was a multi-talented person; she was the astrology lady, the society columnist, and the gossip columnist. She was also an accomplished artist, lived most of her life in an upstairs apartment over a garage, had an adopted son who became an architect in Jackson, and she also read palms. She would only read the palms of family once, because people would say she knew too much about family. She read my palm once, when I was a very young boy, and I remember clearly what my future would hold, and for the most part, she was accurate. And no, I won't disclose it in this journal. As the astrology lady, she is the one ( I think) that told me I was a 'double Sagittarius.' Apparently, my sun sign and my rising sign are both in Sagittarius. I have always been proud of the fact that I am a Sagittarius, mostly because that is the only astrological sign that carries a man-made weapon. I have always thought that I was proficient with my wit, sarcasm, and communicative skills, while at the same time not being particularly gifted with intellectual skills. I am more proud of my common sense than I am of my 'book learnin'!' And apparently, all this time, I have had it all wrong. It seems, in Celtic lore, I am a Hawk. Wise, ambitious, and generous. Strongly opinionated and irresponsible. I'm okay with all of it, except the irresponsible part. I think I am one of the most responsible people I know, which can be a blessing, and a curse. I'm apparently blursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment