Sunday, May 16, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 136/229, 2021 - Sunday

I spent most of the day recovering from yesterday. There was no rain overnight, but we did get some late this morning and afternoon. Right now the sun is shining brightly, but there is more rain forecast to start again after midnight, and (I think) every day this week. I went to brunch today with Candy and Terry, and once again, Madison Avenue has disappointed me. We went to IHOP. Whoever's turn it is to pay gets to pick the place for brunch, so I chose IHOP, only because of the commercials I had been seeing on tv about the 'new and improved' bacon they were serving. It is really thick slabs of bacon, think 3/8" thick. They call it their 'Steakhouse Premium Bacon,' but steakhouse makes me think of beef, not bacon. Please submit your suggestions for a better name, and I will present them to the IHOP corporate offices. When we left brunch, it had rained pretty hard, but we did not realize it, being inside the restaurant. I went on to the farm, the rain seemed to be slackening the further north I went. I fed Barney and the chickens, and gathered eggs, and then came home and went down for a nap. After my nap, I went to pick up my bike from having it tuned up and cleaned, only to find out that it was not ready yet. It was supposed to be ready last Thursday, but stuff happens. After I left the bike shop, I did a couple errands, putzed around a little bit, and got home just in time for another quick nap. Not a bad day. I put new
flags up at the farm yesterday, and there was a nice breeze, so I hope you like this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment