Sunday, May 9, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 129/236, 2021 - Sunday - Mother's Day

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. And I started thinking about mother's day today, and the expectation that, sometime in June (I think), we will be celebrating father's day. So, I was thinking that, why do we need a separate day? One for mothers and one for fathers. Well, right off, I can think of two or three reasons, but that will be for another post. My initial idea was, why not just celebrate BOTH on one day, and we can call it Parent's Day. Well, then my immediate thought was, just because you might be someones mother or father, that fact does not necessarily mean you are the parent of your spawn. So...maybe we could simple it down and celebrate both mothers and fathers on ONE day, instead of two, but then I guess Hallmark sales could go down by fifty percent, but maybe not. I have no clue, and I also think I need to spend much less time thinking about stuff like this. I had a nice brunch tis morning with Candy, Mike and Terry, and then I went to the office supply store and scored a new paper shredder. Got that checked off my list. I think I took a (kind of) nap, but I really don't remember. I took off to the farm about 1:30, fed the cat, fed the chickens, and took some eggs to Pauline and Hubert. I also loaded up my road bike into the car. It has been in the back barn for (I really can't remember) eight or ten years, at least. I do not even really remember the last ride I did with that bike, but it is now at the bike shop being transformed. And cleaned. And made pretty. Again. As things at the farm are winding down, I think I am getting closer to getting back on the bike. I bought a hybrid bike a couple months ago, and I have ridden it about 300 feet since then. BUT, going for a bike ride was on my list of things to do today, and even if I didn't get it crossed off the list, I think I am getting closer and closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment