Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 132/233, 2021 - Wednesday

What day is it? It's HUMP DAY! I loved that commercial, and I need to see it about another 5,000 times on television. Would you like to sign my petition? Still no rain to speak of, but of course now they are forecasting an 80% chance of rain on Saturday and a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. I am supposed to get some final touches done at the farm on Saturday, so right now I am just playing it by ear. I really don't want to be schlepping stuff around the house in the rain, nope, not wanting to do it. I had a wonderful lunch today with Michael and Lynda. It was really good to see them, we had not seen each other in a couple months, so it was a nice chance to catch up. As we were leaving the restaurant, I thought this was kind of a contrast of new and old, so it is ending up as the pic for this journal entry. We sat on the patio for lunch, with the propane heaters going full blast, which make sense for the antique car to have it's top down. Pretty soon it will be too hot for that, so take advantage when you can. I had an 4 o'clock appointment, so I was not on the road heading north until almost five o'clock. I got to the farm and I saw Barney for the first time in a long time, and all was good. Barney got fed, the chickens got fed, and all was right with the world. The girls were ready for me to be home, and I made egg loaf for three for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment