Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 138/227, 2021 - Tuesday

A year ago, I had a penchant to buy a motor home. I may still do it, but most likely not in the next three or four years, who knows. I was an avid follower on various sites, and I think it would be great to go off with the dogs and discover this and that. But, that urge has lessened since I decided to sell the house at the farm and move closer to civilization. Today in central Texas, we have experienced flooding, high winds and tornados. Note: how does on spell tornados? Or is it tornadoes? Spell check likes them both. Getting back on the subject du jour, I did not want to PULL anything. I wanted something I could drive, not pull. As I was heading to the farm this afternoon, there was a truck pulling a trailer behind it. It was really windy, and I cannot imagine pulling something like that with all the wind. I can hardly drive in the rain, let alone fear for my life when pulling a trailer. When we had houseboats (we had TWO at one time), I would not sleep the night before we were going to take it boat out, but I always made it, white knuckles on the verge of breaking through the thin skin of my fingers gripping the wheel and the throttle. Otherwise, my particular part of central Texas has escaped the worst of the weather, but there is more coming overnight, and tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that, and...ad nauseam (referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome, for you Aggies
!).

No comments:

Post a Comment