Friday, May 7, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 127/238, 2021 - Friday

I am not sure how this post will end. Long term, I mean. It is yet to be seen, but I think it will not have a happy ending. Before I bought the Curious House, I put offers in on two other homes. The first one was a disaster, and I was glad to walk away from that house. I feel kind of sorry that, I fear the builder sold it to a member of the public that did not do their due diligence. It was a mess. The second house I made an offer on is just a couple blocks away from the Curious House. Same builder/developer. Even when I made an offer on the second house, I liked the Curious House better, but I made an offer on the other house to include the lot next door, which had a Heritage Oak on the lot. Basically, I made an offer to buy a house and a tree. I had big plans for the tree, and I had already named it 'the Jody Tree.' I put some items in the purchase offer, which included a report from an arborist that the tree was healthy, that the tree be trimmed (properly) and stuff like that. There was a lot of foot dragging on the part of the builder, and I finally lost patience and retracted that offer and made an offer on the Curious House. I met the man that lives in the house to the left of the tree at the mailboxes yesterday, and we talked, and I told him about trying to buy the house (on the right side of the tree) AND the lot between the two houses. He told me he thought the tree was dead, and I was really surprised about that. That tree has to be over 100 years old, and it has survived many a freak freezing weather event, as well as any number of weather events in its' lifetime. It distresses me that there is the possibility that the tree is dead, but I will continue to watch it, in the hopes that it is just a late bloomer, kind of like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment