Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 12/353, 2022 - Wednesday

Dinosaurs lived on Earth for nearly 150 million years; seventy-five times longer that humans have lived on Earth. Let's talk about cousins for just a few minutes. I have some cousins, some of whom are first cousins, some are just cousins. I have subscribed to 23 and me as well as Ancestry for a while now, maybe ten years if they have been around that long. I have always been an early adopter. So, recently I have been paying attention to relatives they have been alerting me to, and it seems that they have identified a dozen or so second cousins (some once removed) that I think is interesting. Lots and lots of third, fourth, on-and-on cousins. Genetically, it says second cousins share a great-grand-parent. So that seems to be either three or (if you count me) four generations back. I knew my great grandparents on my fathers side, but I have no clue about my great-grandparents on my mothers side. So, I will do more research and get back with you. It was a nice day today, and I thought the photo accompanying this entry was interesting. When I moved to Austin in 1985, it was a quaint little town. Lovely. This photo shows Austin in 1995 and again in 2017. Tremendous growth, and it has changed a lot more in the last five years. Big City!

No comments:

Post a Comment